Health & Fitness
The qualification enables students to gain knowledge and understanding of the positive effects of exercise on long-term health and well-being and implementing an exercise plan with the appropriate nutritional requirements.
The objectives of this qualification are to help learners gain an understanding of:
- the impact of diet, nutrition and exercise on their personal health
- safe and appropriate exercise
- the importance of personal motivation and setting goals and targets
Our students will work towards an NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Improving Personal Exercise, Health and Nutrition.
The course is assessed through coursework and practical assessment, there is no written exam.
Our students will improve their personal fitness through learning the theory in addition to workout sessions including trips to the gym. We will also select and create healthy recipes using food analysis programs, assessing the nutritional value of dishes and ingredients, with the aim to be able to make and recommend healthy food choices.
The qualification focuses on an applied study of the health and fitness sector and students will gain a broad understanding and knowledge of working in the sector.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing
- NCFE Level 2 Award/Certificate in Nutrition and Health
- NCFE Level 2 and 3 Certificate/Diploma in Sport
It may also be useful to learners studying qualifications in the following sector areas:
- health and social care